Sunday 18 October 2015

David's Tea Sweet Apple Cider Fruit Infusion

Another Sunday afternoon, another cup of David's Tea to enjoy.  Today I'm trying out the Sweet Apple Cider fruit infusion. Apple Cider is a classic beverage that I associate most with coming in from playing outside on cold winter days to find a mug of cider waiting to help warm me up.

The sweet apple cider tastes just as you'd expect. It's sweet, it's apple-y. According to the label "the only thing missing is the cinnamon stick" and that's very true. There is no cinnamon in this apple cider and it's absence is noticeable. I don't have a supply of cinnamon sticks in the house and I've been drinking all the teas I've been reviewing neat, that is without adding anything else to them. So the fact that this one needs augmentation lowers my opinion of it a bit. Especially since they are clearly aware that apple cider should have cinnamon in it. It's not quite as bad as say just microwaving a cup of apple juice but it's not as rewarding as I'd like.

Apparently I wasn't the only one because this particular variety seems to be discontinued and replaced with the "Spiced Apple" which does contain cinnamon.

So while this is an okay beverage I feel like it's going to take a while for the remnants of this bag to be consumed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.