Sunday 17 December 2017

Sentinel Prime Voyager Class Figure (Titans Return)

Orange is the new Prime.
Sentinel Prime is a larger Voyager-class figure and like all the voyagers from Titans Return he's also a triple changer and clearly the forerunner to an Astrotrain figure. But he's orange and I love orange so I was actually excited to get this dude. Sentinel Prime as a name has long been associated with Optimus Prime's predecessor as leader of the Autobots, often portrayed as being somewhat less than heroic. His incarnation in "Transformers: Animated" was voiced by Townsend Coleman and modelled to look a bit like the Tick which I loved. I have that figure around somewhere but I couldn't find it while making up this post.

Sentinel Prime's Titan Master partner is called Infinitus and looks appropriately "Prime-y." His blasters are cool and the seat for Infinitus actually looks alright and doesn't detract from the design as much as some of the others. The little pop-up neck things to make his head look more proportional are silly but kind of grow on you.



Titan Master Infinitus:





Spaceship mode:





This mode is really well done.


Translucent plastic canopy for the win!

Robots can ride outside the ship.



Battle "tank" mode: (from the universe where tanks look like trains)
I like this mode too, it's rare for all 3 modes in a triple changer to be good.







"I can see you..."


The guns don't attach quite as well in this mode.



Lots of nice little moulded details.



I'm a train!


Hmm... could use some more guns...


Robot Mode: 






Who needs peripheral vision?


Here's a leg, but no Hunk.





"Hot-cha!"



"Ridin' in my gun"


Train feet.

I think is was an idea to differentiate him from Astrotrain but it's not as stable.


2 comments:

  1. Cool bot. I'm surprised how much range he has given his bulk! I agree about the modes, they're all pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was pretty impressed with his articulation. The fact that this mould was so good is why I ended up with an Astrotrain as well. I'd probably have skipped the retool if I didn't like Sentinel Prime so much.

      Delete

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.