Friday 8 December 2017

Darth Vader/Ahsoka Tano 3.75" 2-pack

The epic second season of the excellent "Star Wars Rebels" cartoon ended with a mind-blowing finale wherein Ahsoka Tano finally confronts Darth Vader. And if you don't know why that would be intense then maybe the rest of this post isn't for you. I take no responsibility for any spoilers. The episodes I'm talking about did come out 2016 and the even bigger spoiler is from 1980 so that's on you.



I've been loving "Rebels." Even more than I thought I would but then again I was a latecomer to watching "Clone Wars" so I should learn to have a little more faith. Star Wars figures have been coming out in a sort of just combined toyline so this two-pack was released alongside some "The Force Awakens" figures. The 3.75" line of figures is pretty skimpy on accessories and articulation but they are also reasonably easy to find and not as expensive so I feel less guilty about indulging my completist tendencies. I really like the design on both of these figures and the detailing is impressive for such a tiny scale. The subtle red tint to Vader's eyes and the curvature of the cape definitely mark this as a "Rebels" figure and not just an original trilogy Vader. Darth Vader is probably one of my favourite characters and his general costume design is just so iconic. It's nice to see there's still room for little ways to differentiate his plethora of figures.


Ahsoka Tano was Anakin Skywalker's padawan during the Clone Wars and became (IMHO) the breakout star of the "Clone Wars" tv series and a much needed female presence in the Star Wars universe. When she reappeared as the leader of a Rebel cell working with Phoenix Squadron I was pretty giddy with delight. And the way they handled her slow suspicions and eventual dark realization of Darth Vader's true identity was simply marvellous.

Darth Vader:














Cue Imperial March. 



Toggle switches and buttons that I'm sure have been assigned functions either in canon or by fandom. 


"I find your lack of faith disturbing." 

Obligatory gadget/gimmick to appeal to children.

This disk launcher is so massive even a Sith Lord cannot hold it aloft.

Evil Force disk of DOOM!


"Padme..."

"NNNOOOOOOO!!!!"


Ahsoka Tano:




She hates covering her shoulders.


These boots were made for kickin' 


Her holsters are not functional


"Don't call me Snips anymore." 
Add caption


I've always been fascinated by her weird hair-like protuberances.





I love the pistol grip lightsaber.


Dual-wielding for a duel.


Twirly sabers of DOO.. er.. Jedi.. er.. Girl Power!

The palest of blue. On the show these were both more of a silvery-white colour.







Deadly Duel:



"HA! Gotcha force power!"











Just like the box art. 

"I won't leave you. Not this time."
"Then you will die."

What could've been...the galaxy wouldn't have stood a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.