Tuesday 2 May 2017

Winston Zeddemore Ghostbusters Classics (Mattel)


Winston Zeddemore (played by Ernie Hudson) gets no respect. Well that's not entirely fair. In the earlier drafts of the script Winston has a much deeper backstory and was originally the one who got slimed by Slimer at the hotel as chronicled by Brian Cronin here. To make matters worse Ernie Hudson auditioned to play the role of Winston on "The Real Ghostbusters" cartoon and lost it to Arsenio Hall. So in a small way to show my appreciation for Winston and Mr. Hudson I've elected to have his figure come first in my posts of the classic team. Winston was also the central character in my most watched episode of "The Real Ghostbusters" that was on a VHS tape of cartoons taped from TV when I was very small. (The episode in question is Boo-Dunit, and may also have contributed to my interest in murder-mysteries)  These Ghostbusters Classics figures seem to be fairly identical apart from the heads and name-tags but slightly different toolings from the new female Ghostbusters.













 



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.