Monday 15 May 2017

Reigubas Spark Doll Sofubi

Reigubas is a kaiju from the Ultraman Dyna series (which I haven't really watched) and reappeared in Ultraman Ginga S (which I have watched). I like the asymmetrical pincer arms that recall a hermit crab. I'm always kind of at odds with myself when it comes to collecting. Part of me is a completist and wants all the things but another part of me (who has to worry about money) says to let that go and only acquire figures that appeal to me in a more meaningful way. Since I love kooky monsters that can be trickier to sort out when it comes to kaiju sofubi. Having to order from Japan certainly slows the flow and so I prioritize the ones that really speak to me in some way. Reigubas is an example of that. Giant pincers, a lobster tail, the weird wing-like things on its back, eyes on stalks. What more could you ask for in a monster?








Who couldn't love a face like that?



















"I'll give 'em the clamps!"



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.