Sunday 23 September 2018

Kamen Rider Kuuga Dragon Form (SIC Kiwami Damashii)

The third form of Kamen Rider Kuuga is his blue Dragon form which comes with the Dragon Rod as its weapon. Kamen Rider Kuuga was one of the first series I watched and is one of my favourites. It's very bare-bones compared to some of the later series and is the only Heisei series to feature only one Kamen Rider.

As mentioned when I talked about his Growing Form and Mighty Form I also just really love the design of Kuuga and as such he is one of the few Riders for whom I wanted to get a figure representing all of his forms. The S.H. Figuarts version was not particularly well reviewed online nor was it easily available so when I found this three pack of the Dragon, Pegasus, and Titan forms in the smaller SIC Kiwamii Damashii line I scooped them up.



Super Imaginative Chogokin is a toyline that reimagines characters (mostly Kamen Riders) through a darker lens, typically ratcheting up the insectoid features. I'm not a huge fan of most of those looks but for Kuuga it didn't through out the parts that I really liked. The Kiwami Damashii sub-line are smaller scale figures in the SIC motif.


Each figure in the set has a stand with a unique deco. The articulation is not as great as Figuarts but is certainly decent for a smaller figure. The sculpting and moulding are very impressive and the energized version of the Dragon Rod is a super fun accessory.

Today marks the start of the longest stretch of daily posts I've done thus far. I'm going be posting a new form of Kamen Rider Kuuga every day until I exhaust my supply so stay tuned!







The horns are a bit chunkier and the mouth plate sections more defined than regular Kuuga.

The other main difference in the SIC designs for Kuuga is that instead of being smooth and polished the chest plate has muscle definition making it look more organic and less like armour. The extra muscle and sinew lines continue along the arms and legs as well.

The Amadam stone in the Arcle belt has turned blue. 




No part of the figure is un-detailed, not even the shoulders.


Very sinewy legs.





This armour looks more like a second skin than in the show.



Decent balance.


Left foot.

Right Foot.

Which is the foot of death. The design on the ball of the foot would appear on the monster where it was hit just before it exploded.

"Rider Kick!"


These eyes aren't as clear as on most Figuarts but they still look pretty cool.

"Thumbs up!"


Empty hands.


This pose means a Gurongi is about to die.

Jump!

Flip!

Dragon Rod ready for action.


The bo/staff is one of the most versatile weapons in the marital arts.







"Swish!" I'm sure that's not the sound it made on the show.

Very nice energy effects.





"Rock On!"









Weapon comparison.




"I don't think I'm supposed to get smaller when I get a power up."


In order of appearance in the show.


1 comment:

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.