Thursday 26 July 2018

Lightsteed/Lightspeed Deluxe Class Figures (Combiner Wars/Unite Warriors)


Lightspeed (renamed Lightsteed for the Hasbro release) is the racecar Technobot. Hasbro took a mould that transformed into a police car and then just tried to paint it to look like the original toy while TakaraTomy took Wheeljack's mould and gave him a new head that's a bit more like the original than Streetwise's. This guy is the most boring of the Technobots to me. He's red and white and bland all over. Ok maybe that's a bit harsh, he's a decent figure in both incarnations but neither is my favourite in either set.

(Combiner Wars)(Unite Warriors)(Technobots Together)



(Combiner Wars)




His head still screams "cop"



"I find your lack of feet disturbing..."





"What'chu talkin' 'bout?"


Triple barrelled shotgun...

...less threatening when held by a ne




Okay that's some good balance.




Born to run.




The weird headlights are neat.




The solid colour windows are straight outta 1987 and probably the defining feature of the G1 toy.






This looks impractical.

(Unite Warriors)




"I have a small head for such a brainiac."









"My guns are cooler"


The backpack kind of works for this figure.



Heroic pose!

Boogie pose!



Not meant to combine.



Awkwardly acrobatic!


Firing two guns whilst jumping through the air.




Probably better as a backpack.




A spoiler, the only other notable feature from the G1 toy.


The front is total Wheeljack. I never got the Combiner Wars Wheeljack so this is my only copy of this mould.






"My weapons attach better, also there's more of them."




(Technobots Together)




"I'll go high..."

"...and I'll go low!"

"Booyah!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.