Monday 23 July 2018

Computron & Computicon (Combiner Wars/Unite Warriors)

Those in the know about Transformers are aware that Hasbro makes the figures for most of the world but TakaraTomy produces he Japanese versions and comparisons between the two are not always favourable. I was fortunate enough to visit Tokyo a few years back and picked up some Japanese exclusive dudes while there but since then I've resisted ordering the Japanese versions of figures I can get here in Canada. Until the Technobots came around.


During the Combiner Wars phase of Transformers Generations Hasbro based their paint and deco on the original G1 toy versions and TakaraTomy based theirs on the original cartoon versions. I was able to get my hands on the Combiner Wars Computron box set last year and was super happy with it for the most part. The Technobots were colourful and the combiner hands and feet were cool and slightly better than the accessories from the individual figures. But there were a few things about the Unite Warriors Computicon box set that appealed to me as well (Mainly Strafe and Nosecone). So after resisting for quite a while I finally bit the bullet and ordered the TakaraTomy version from Mandarake. So here we have both versions side by side, to be followed at a more frequent pace by the individual Technobots.  I try not to buy doubles of figures but these sets are different enough that I'm glad to have both.

(Combiner Wars Computron)(Unite Warriors Computicon)(Technobots Together)



Combiner Wars Computron
I got rid of the Computron box before I thought to take pictures of it but I kept the cool poster that came with it.








Ankle tilt!






Extra member of the team! (And deep cut from the 1980's Marvel Comic)









Unite Warriors Computicon























THOOM!






Technobots Together






1 comment:

  1. What a beast!! Looks pretty great standing next to the other Technobots.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.