Sunday 5 November 2017

Ultraman Zero Renewal (Ultra-Act)

Ultraman Zero is the most prominent Ultra who hasn't headlined an actual TV series. The son of Ultraseven first appeared in the 2009 film "Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legend the Movie." When I was first dipping my toes into tokusatsu I ended up checking out some of the more self-contained or isolated stories and that film and it's follow up "Ultraman Zero the Movie: Super Deciding Fight! The Belial Galactic Empire" inspired me to seek out some Ultra-merch. So I think this was actually my first Ultra-Act figure and he sets a high standard.


As Ultraseven's son Zero shares some features with his father like the shape of his eyes, his protectors, the beam lamp on his forehead, and his twin Zero Sluggers which are similar to Ultraseven's Eye Slugger. Ultraman Zero has more traditional Ultra aspects as well. He has a colour timer and his eyeballs are the smooth texture of most Ultras. Zero is also a rare example of a multicoloured Ultra being both red and blue.

















He's a rad dude.


A thoughtful type...






Zero Sluggers!









"I throw the fish away..."


"...and it comes right back to me!"









In training for rhythmic gymnastics.


The tough guy "nose flick thing" I don't know what else to call it but Zero does it a lot. 


It's more amusing because he doesn't really have a nose to speak of.

Zero Twin Sword

"What's that Worf? You want your bat'leth back?"

"Too bad! I'm just over here being AWESOME!"



"Oh my"

Zero Twin Shoot
this accessory broke one of the first times I tried to put it on, I glued it once but then it broke when I put it on for this photo shoot so wharves, I'll fake the shot.

"Beeoo Beeoo Beeoo"

Wide Zero Shot!





Leo-Zero Double Flasher

This double attack was used with Ultraman Leo but I don't own that figure so Ultraseven stood in for him.


The pointy parts are suprisingly pointy and it kinda hurt to jam the effect part on their handless stumps.





A tender father-son moment.






"See boy, I'm still taller than you."

"That's cheating dad."

Versus Ultraman Belial...

the fallen evil Ultra, Arch-nemesis of Zero across various parallel dimensions.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.