Sunday 5 August 2018

Ant-Man (Marvel Avengers)

I saw "Ant-Man & the Wasp" opening weekend and it was lots of fun and it so happens that I have a few Ant-Man related figures to spotlight so this is beginning of Ant-Man Family Week.
Scott Lang is the second hero to call himself Ant-Man and the character chosen to star in the Ant-Man film. He's worked with the Avengers and the Fantastic Four, he died for a while but then came back and this costume is his current one. It's a nice mix of modern and classic design elements. The Ant-Man comic in which this costume debuted was a lot of fun so I have some added affection for it.

This Avengers line is perhaps sort of tied in with the current Avengers cartoon. I'm not sure, I haven't been keeping up with that one. The scale and articulation is comparable to the Guardians of the Galaxy Animated toyline. So he only has about 7 point of articulation but he's great for being ant-sized. If I'd known Marvel Legends was releasing a two-pack with this Ant-Man costume and Cassie Lang as Stinger in her MC2 outfit (more on that in the future) I'd probably just skipped him but he wasn't very expensive. Plus cool little ant guy.






Neo-classic?



The belt looks a bit weird because the buckle doesn't seem to attach to the rest.



Half thumbs-up?












"Zoinks, let's get outta here!"


Contemplative.


"Alright, let's go!"



Is it ANTony? Sure why not.



I like the translucence in the plastic.



"Calling ants for help!"


"Wassup?"

"Hey buddy"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.