Sunday 3 January 2016

David's Tea Sleigh Ride Fruit Infusion

Whilst on holiday visiting family in my hometown the intrepid ISMOTU couple restocked our tea coffers and took advantage of some sales which would be over by the time we returned home.  Today's post is about the first of those spoils.

Sleigh Ride came in an adorable wee tin with, naturally enough, a sleigh on the front. This fruit infusion is anchored by apple and cinnamon flavours buoyed up by pineapple, papaya, beetroot, raisins, coconut, roasted almonds, and popped rice. Why am I using nautical terminology when describing an wintry delight? Because it's my blog and I can by wry if I want to? Also it's just more fun that way.

On the whole Sleigh Ride reminded me a lot of "Forever Nuts" which is not bad company to keep by any means but it doesn't really have enough of an identity on its own to make it stand out. It's warm and cozy, sweet but not sugary, though I find many of the flavours are masked or blend together to something more generic than I think they were hoping for. The popped rice is neat and looks like tiny popcorn but I can't detect its presence in the taste of the tea. Ditto for the pineapple and papaya. I think their flavour just blends with the sweetness of the beetroot.

It should come as no surprise that with a name like "Sleigh Ride" this tisane is part of this year's winter collection and thus will only be available for a limited time. We bought ours for 40% off and if you can snag it at that price you won't be disappointed but I'm certainly content waiting for the sale to try it and I can't say this will be one I'll miss terribly once it's gone.

For more info follow the link: https://www.davidstea.com/ca_en/sleigh-ride-tea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.