Sunday 27 September 2015

David's Tea Nettle Leaf Herbal Tea

This is another tea that's been in my cupboard for a while and thus appears to be unavailable currently. Which is really too bad because it's a favourite of mine. The nettle leaf flavour is herbaceous and pleasing. This tea blends that with grapefruit zest, ginger, and lemongrass.  The result is a soothing tea that tickles the tongue on its way by. As a tisane the Nettle Leaf can be enjoyed at any time without fear of caffeine-induced insomnia. I find the distinctive flavour a nice change of pace to some of the more traditional herbal tea ingredients like hibiscus, rose hips, cinnamon, or apples. Not that I don't enjoy all of those flavours, it's just nice to have something different from time to time.

I do wish this tea were still available, and who knows, maybe it will return one day. I'm sure there are other nettle teas out there available to purchase. Honestly with a bit of exploring and research I'd probably be able to collect wild nettle leaves and brew my own concoction. Still David's Tea Nettle Leaf Herbal Tea was a great purchase and thoroughly enjoyed.

3 comments:

  1. Nettle plants are prickly, but not overly challenging to harvest in the U.K. and much of North America. In addition to tea they can be involved in the making of a good tea. For information, look it up in the Naked Scientists archives. Especially because I may be remembering something about mild poisoning or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'd totes do research before traipsing around steeping random leaves for tea. It's that stinging nettles have a numbing property, it's not fatal or anything. I think there's a Vinyl Café story about that.

      Delete
    2. Yeah I'd totes do research before traipsing around steeping random leaves for tea. It's that stinging nettles have a numbing property, it's not fatal or anything. I think there's a Vinyl Café story about that.

      Delete

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.