Saturday 26 September 2015

David's Tea Cool Cactus Green Tea

So this afternoon I decided to make some Cool Cactus green tea.  Green teas tend not to be my favourites, but we bought this one back in July or August to try as an iced tea. With temperatures dropping I opted to go for hot tea this time.  The main flavour in this tea is supposed to be prickly pear but I don't really know what that tastes like so it's perhaps a bit lost on me. The first ingredient listed is pineapple which I can taste, I feel like the pineapple is also present in the aroma of the tea along with some pear notes.  Part of the reason you'll see more tisanes and rooibos teas reviewed on this blog is because I can't drink anything caffeinated after noon basically or I'll be up all night. Today being Saturday I decided to take a risk and try this green tea for something different and since the caffeine level is low I'm sure I'll be fine.

Cool Cactus was a perfectly pleasant tea with a soft flavour and gentle bouquet. I can say though that it didn't make a huge impression on me one way or the other so the fact that this flavour appears to have been part of the summer collection this year and has disappeared from the David's Tea website isn't an horrific event.  It was something neat and different to try but they can't all be big winners.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.