Sunday 29 September 2019

Moon Knight (Marvel Legends Series)


Mercenary Marc Spector is Moon Knight! Or is he millionaire Steven Grant? Or taxi driver Jake Lockley? Or does he even know anymore?

Apparently I lost the insides of the box before I took pictures.


The hook for Moon Knight is that he struggles maintaining his various identities and in more modern stories he's developed full-on multiple personality disorder and has become an exploration of mental health to varying degrees of sensitivity and success. There are Moon Knight series I love, there are Moon Knight series I hate, but generally I have a fondness for this character and feel he is more than just a Batman ripoff.


This costume is from the (excellent) 2014 Moon Knight series by Warren Ellis and Declan Shalvey.


The Jet and Silver (West Coast) Avenger!


Not quite the classic crescent shaped cape but acceptable.


A very nice job on the hood and cowl.


"Many moons ago..."







Extra punchy knuckle guards.



Moon Knight's had a few armoured designs over the years but this one is the best by far.








Hands of holding.

No cape.



"That's not a crescent dart, THIS is a crescent dart!"



"Do these make me look like Wolverine?"




Ready to eviscerate.






Truncheon.

"No I'm not stealing Daredevil's schtick too!"


Double Truncheons.


In some comics his glider cape can pop out of a backpack-type thing...



The Fist of Khonshu!



Knuckle holes for the moon darts.


Flippin' the lunar bird.






"Have you ever thrown 3 crescent darts whilst jumping through the air?"


Sensible soles.







"You wanna get nuts? C'mon, let's get nuts!"

"Did I just channel Batman again? Shoot!"



"I don't know who I am anymore." "I can totally relate."

Definitely the best Moon Knight figure I've seen around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.