Sunday 17 June 2018

Usagi Yojimbo (Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012)

Usagi Yojimbo is one of my favourite comics ever and this is probably the best Usagi figure I've seen. Full disclosure: the only other Usagi figure I ever owned was the one from the original toyline way way back in the 90's and that one was... less than faithful to the comic. This figure looks like he jumped right off the page, although he could use a few more paint applications but that's par for the course with this toyline from what I understand.


 The episodes from the final season of this (the best) Ninja Turtles show starring the rabbit ronin Miyamoto Usagi were among my favourites and I think gave us also the most accurate depiction of Stan Sakai's enduring creation on screen to date. Usagi Yojimbo is one of the few series I still buy in physical books and I can't wait for each new trade paperback to hit the shelves. This figure is certainly not a high-end collectible but is fun and a nice way to dip into the Ninja Turtle toyline without feeling like I need to collect ALL the characters.



















*click* (This is the samurai equivalent of cocking the gun)





"YAAAH!"

katana 
wakizashi





Cross block!







"Draw..."



My shabby attempt at a Kurosawa pose.



"RYAAAAAHHH!"





Flick the blood off that blade.


2 comments:

  1. That's pretty well done! If I had still been collecting the line I would have totally picked him up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's just my favourite, I couldn't resist.

      Delete

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.