Sunday 29 April 2018

Black Bolt (Marvel Legends Series 6")

Black Bolt is the King of the city of Attilan and the Inhumans. Every Inhuman undergoes the Terrigenesis process to unlock their genetic potential. Blackagar Boltagon was imbued with a supremely destructive voice that has caused him to take a vow of silence lest he destroy his kingdom.

This is a pretty average Marvel Legends figure. The wing bits are not the best but also a notoriously tricky thing to do, especially at this price point. I like the Inhumans just fine but Black Bolt wasn't the figure I HAD to have from this wave. He came with her left leg. I like the Inhumans largely due to their Kirby-tastic designs and their relative obscurity but the recent stuff done with them in the Marvel Cinematic Universe didn't thrill me. If this figure had come out when I was 14 I'd have been more into it but now it's only ok.

In the comics these wings are made of a flexible material and attached to his costume like a wingsuit.



The tuning fork of power.







So much Kirby awesomeness in this design.




It kind of looks like they're folding up.


"Walk like an Inhuman"






Ok, I do love this alternate head even with the super angry expression...


...you just have to love the Kirby crackle.



"no."


"Look at me I'm Winston Churchill..."

"...Outta my way!"



"Who let Lockjaw chew on the royal slippers?"



The meditation doesn't seem to be working...


He came with these alternate open hands but I couldn't get the fists off without worrying about breaking a joint so... here's some pictures of hands.



Honestly, it doesn't really bother me that I can't switch these hands out. They would only really be good for flying poses and even then it's not the end of the world that he's flying with clenched fists.



2 comments:

  1. That is a pretty sweet alternate head. Yeah, wing bits are hard! Have you watched much of the Inhumans till episode 8?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did eventually finish the Inhumans series but it was still underwhelming.

      Delete

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.