Sunday 18 February 2018

Geldor (Masters of the Universe Classics)

Geldor is a villain from the early days of MotU mini-comics. Apparently Mr. T has elderly relatives on Eternia. Geldor is a simple but fun figure who comes with an axe and a glass of the "Liquid of Life" which is said to bestow immortality. He is defeated by He-Man being purposefully clumsy. Regardless I'm a bit of a sucker for such an obscure character who totally fits in with the greater Masters of the Universe aesthetic and is so totally 80's. (Apologies in advance for all the 80's references)










"I pity the fool who don't follow my rules!"


More pteruges (clearly my vocab word in the last couple posts)


I know this hairstyle has a long history but in our culture it's now indelibly linked to Mr. T and the 1980's.



He has his own dungeon and personal wizard but can't afford a whole shirt.





Though maybe those abs are just so shredded they need no puny armour.


Simple but deadly.




"It's time to cut loose!"



On the more bizarre action figure accessories.

It's also nearly too big for his hand, I worry about stretching out his fingers over time.



"Mm Mm Lifespan Extending!"


"Hold my beer."


"That's not a knife..."

"...this is a knife!"


CHOP!


"Back Skeletor!"

"Wait, don't we both hate He-Man?"

"Made you look!"

"I ain't afraid of no goats!"




"I'd like to see you look this good at my age"


Raiding Skeletor's closet. 

Now that's kind of terrifying.

"Turnabout is fair play Geldor!"

FABulous!

"Now I know how Violet Beauregarde felt."

"And knowing is half the battle!"



P.S. Geldor also came with a sheet of stickers for various factions within the MOTU canon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.