Sunday 1 December 2019

Green Lantern vs. Zodac (DC Universe Classics vs. Masters of the Universe Classics)


Mattel had the licence for both DC Comics and Masters of the Universe and since they were making similarly scaled figures for each a crossover was like a match made in Nerd Heaven. They released 7 of these two packs but full disclosure I only got this one because I wanted Zodac and shockingly the inclusion of Hal Jordan lowered his value on the secondary market.


I do love the Green Lantern mythos but I kind of burned out on Hal Jordan years ago. He's just the least interesting Green Lantern to me but I didn't have a modern articulated figure of him so this wasn't really frustrating as a purchase.


Ironically Zodac is depicted with the staff used by his 200X counterpart instead of the blaster he comes with.












"In brightest day, in blackest night..."
"No evil shall escape my sight, let those who worship evil's might..."

"Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!"



Turning the Green Lantern uniform into more of a shirt/pants combo rather than the more circus inspired leotard was a good aesthetic decision.
















Decent sculpting on a ring so small.



Yes I know it's on the wrong hand but it fit better there.


Hal Jordan generally made fairly mundane ring constructs. It wasn't until Kyle Rayner, an artist, got a power ring that we started to see such detailed and complex designs.

Space Cop loaded for bear.


Nice flight pose.


Zodac is probably my favourite MotU character. And that's totally down to his weird design.





Thumbs up for finned gloves.



Such a bizarre helmet, I love it.

W? I like to think it's more like how Superman's shield is a Kryptonian symbol that just looks like an "S"


This is a more animation inspired figure because he has regular human feet instead of the monster feet the vintage figure had.





A true man of the spaceways has no time for waxing!


Nothing protects you from the ravages of outer space like a furry loincloth.


"Hey! Where's my Space Chair?!"


A very Buck Rogers-esque ray gun.


Wait for iiiiitt...

PEW! PEW!


Both


Cosmic Guardians Battle!


The little poster card is a fun touch.


Sentinels of the Spaceways... (Or is that the Silver Surfer?)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.