Sunday 8 December 2019

USS Enterprise 1701-D (Eaglemoss Collectibles)


"Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before." When I was 10 years old my life changed when I saw my first episode of Star Trek the Next Generation. It sparked a now-lifelong interest in science fiction and broadened my horizons.


Eaglemoss Collectibles has been releasing a line of die-cast metal Star Trek starships and I've amassing a bit of a collection of them. Of course I had to start with the ship that transported me into this world. The detailing is really great and the paint is very crips and clean. There's naturally no articulation or anything but I really like these starships as display pieces.








Bridge on the top.




Warp Nacelles.

Shuttle bays and impulse engines.



Main deflector dish.

I love the translucent plastic on the nacelles.


Decent little stand, a most essential accessory.


A fairly rare sight, the underside of the secondary hull.






Picard's commands: the Enterprise and the Stargazer (Not to scale).


The little space background from the Zodac vs. Green Lantern pack.

"Warp factor 7... Engage!"


Size Comparisons.

Not sure why I didn't do this in front of the space backdrop.. oh well too late now.


Three classes of Federation Starship all in a row: Constellation Class, Galaxy Class, and Excelsior Class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.