Sunday 24 November 2019

Captain Phasma (Star Wars Black Series)


Captain Phasma is one of the breakout characters from the new Star Wars movies. She is a mysterious badass stormtooper with shiny silver armour and a funky cape. Otherwise this figure is pretty identical to the other First Order Stormtrooper figures as far as I can tell. Phasma is a fun addition to the Star Wars universe and this figure is a nice addition to my collection.





Welcome to the gun show!




Playing the Boba Fett card of faceless menace with very few lines.






Seems like the cape has been patched in universe for some reason.


I like the asymmetrical bottom edge.

So I took the head off to remove the cape thinking it was just a ball joint like most other figures
(including others made by Hasbro) but that was not the case. 

There is a bar across the neck and kind of rounded claw pieces that wrap around it attached to the helmet. It is an interesting design, possibly using less material than a standard ball joint.

I had a panicky few minutes after I took these trying to get the head back on and while I was ultimately successful I would not recommend removing any Stormtrooper heads from Black Series figures.




Standard Evil Star Wars blaster but with PAINT!



"Go Ahead, Make my Millennium Falcon!"


Two handed blaster grip is always appreciated.


"FIIINNN!!"

I always like weapons storage on figures and this is subtle and super great.

In fact it took me a minute to realize that's what it was for.



So many pouches!







Scales abound. Crossing the streams.

It is weird to me that half of these characters are now owned by Disney.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.