Saturday 4 March 2017

LEGO Batman Movie Minifigures Part 2

So round 2 of Batman Minifigures has arrived (read: I couldn't resist and bought a bunch more). I did okay again but wound up with a couple doubles. According to the handy-dandy checklist that comes with the figures I only need 6 more to have the whole set which I'm not sure I need but we'll see. Also I've blown my toy budget on these guys for the next month or so which will affect things naturally. Now on to the minifigs!



Fairy Batman, fairly self-explanatory name. This pink themed Batman comes with a tutu, fairy wings, and a magic wand.










Clan of the Cave Batman, leopard skin and a club, classic "caveman" accoutrements. I'm not sure if this figure has any connection to the "Return of Bruce Wayne" storyline from a few years ago but the design is pure silver age zaniness.








Barbara Gordon, seen here in her police uniform. Her introduction scene in the movie is one of my favourite sequences in the entire film but I won't spoil anything here. She comes with a pair of handcuffs and the Bat-signal button.









Commissioner Gordon, I was happy to see the Gordons changed to add a bit more diversity to the Bat-world and that both were voiced by Hispanic actors. Jim comes with a walkie-talkie and a wanted poster for the Joker.






Red Hood, might be my favourite of these minifigures so far. In 1951 Bill Finger wrote an origin story for the Joker. It's the classic "running away from Batman and falling into a vat of chemicals" with his only known identity as the masked Red Hood. He comes with a helmet, shoulder armour, and two guns. In a neat "Easter Egg" the head beneath the helmet is based on the Red Hood mask that Jason Todd wears after adopting the identity in an ironic twist after his return to comics.










Zodiac Master, another obscure silver age villain. He is zodiac themed and only made a couple of appearances. He comes with a fish and a crab (representing Pisces and Cancer respectively).











Calculator, this character was one I actually did hope to get my hands on specifically. He is a ridiculous villain created when pocket calculators were the hot new technology. He falls into that classic villain trap of using his amazing technology for crime instead of using it in a legal way that would likely make him richer than any bank robbery. Typing on the Calculator's keypad resulted in "hard-light" constructs flying out of the display on his helmet. So basically a human invented something akin to a green lantern power ring. Brilliant.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.