Sunday 4 August 2019

Thunderbird 5 (TakaraTomy Tomica)


Thunderbird 5 is the orbital monitoring station for International Rescue, generally staffed by John Tracy.


It's a very 1960's conception of a space station and provides the initial set up to many episodes of Thunderbirds. These little Tomica vehicles are very nicely detailed and decorated, pretty close to perfect versions of International Rescue's fleet.






So very space age. I love it.




All kinds of bits and bobs hanging off it.




Ooh, the antenna spins.






Top view.



Bottom view.

Scaffolding? Docking port? I'm not sure. Could I look it up? Easily. Will I? Not today.





One thing I appreciated more about Thunderbirds as I got older was the general non-violence. These look like they could be ray guns but they aren't.








"Thunderbird 3 ready to dock."


Now that I've got all five Thunderbirds it's time for the obligatory "Opening Credits Re-creation"

"Five."


"Four."


"Three."


"Two."


"One."


"Thunderbirds are Go!"

Classic T-Birds all together.


Synchronized rescuing.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.