Sunday 25 August 2019

Beethoven Ghost & Benkei Ghost GC-06 (Ghost Change)

Another Unlikely Duo!


Here we have the Benkei and Beethoven Ghost set for Kamen Rider Ghost. I was certainly surprised (but intrigued) when Ludwig van Beethoven was included as one of the historical figures to lend his "powers" to Kamen Rider Ghost. Perhaps less shocking is that this form didn't get used as much as some of the other more combat oriented ones. 


Benkei was a warrior monk who became part of Japanese folklore for his strength and devotion to honour. These two forms share a bit more of a monochromatic colour scheme. I'm not sure if that was intentional in pairing them up or if it was more related to the order in which they appeared on the show. But it was a mildly interesting factoid that jumped out of my brain. 





Beethoven Ghost
"Bum Bum Ba BUM!"

Gotta love the piano key lapels. 


I like when the ghosts get silly little arms independent of the sleeves of the hoodie.

On the show they are called "Parka Ghosts" but as a Canadian I'd get my citizenship revoked if I referred to such flimsy garments as parkas.

The little ghost tail still delights me every time.


Harpsichord-face?





I haven't counted but I doubt there's exactly 88 keys on this costume.





Ode-ing to Joy right about now.


This is so ridiculous and I love it. The little curls on the side of the hood evoke both musical notes and the wigs that would've been in fashion when Beethoven was a younger man.






The logical weapon for a famous composer of classical music...

...the GanGun Saber Naginata mode.




B-Sharp!



Benkei Ghost
A very pearlescent monk.






Benkei was apparently known for carrying seven weapons.




Itty bitty ghost tail.





Only the penitent man shall pass...



Simple, humble, seems monk-like to me.












GanGun Saber combined with the Kumo Lantern to form hammer mode.



"Is it hammer time?" Only if I've stooped that low...


...Surely I can resist such an obvious reference...

Here's some others...

"By Grabthar's Hammer you will be Avenged!"


"Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of...BENKEI"





Have I hammered the point home yet...?

IT'S HAMMER TIME!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.