Sunday 4 March 2018

Dr. Strange (Marvel Legends Infinite Series 6")

This is the outfit Dr. Strange adopted after the "Fear Itself" event when he joined a new team of Defenders in a 2011 series written by the great Matt Fraction. This is not really a huge departure from the Sorcerer Supreme's classic garb and actually recalls the uniform of Doc Magus, Stephen Strange's successor from the MC2 line of comics from the late 90's/early 2000's that were among the earliest comics I seriously collected.

He's ditched the Cloak of Levitation and the Eye of Agamotto for a flowing skirtlet that I'm sure has a more proper name. This costume lasted a few years but with comics moving at a much quicker pace than the action figure industry this look was probably obsolete or nearly so by the time this figure was released in 2015. But I still like it. I'm occasionally a sucker for cool-looking variant costumes. I try to stick to getting only my "ideal" version of a character but sometimes there are exceptions like with the good doctor here, and the "Ocean Camouflage" Aquaman seen here.

The figure is your basic Marvel Legends body, the skirt doesn't hinder the leg articulation too badly. The hands are in classic Dr. Strange spell-casting poses and he comes with some cool translucent green energy accessories. I found his wrists to be a bit big for the actual wrist holes but was able to wedge them on securely without worrying I was going to snap off tiny bits.






By the 'stache of the Seraphim!






Constant mystic breeze or too many beans for lunch?


"Vapours of Valtorr anyone?"





Bolts of Balthakk?

Flames of Faltine?

Images of Ikonn?

I dunno but they do look cool.

"By the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth!"


"By the Mystic Moons of Munnopor!" 



"I've still got the mojo."

Skeletor is not a bad stand-in for the Dread Dormammu


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.