Sunday 16 April 2017

Brightest Day Firestorm (DC Direct)


The "Brightest Day" biweekly sequel series to the "Blackest Night" event saw two versions of Firestorm become one (ah comics). The recently resurrected Ronnie Raymond merged with Jason Rusch, the African American teenager from Detroit who possessed the Firestorm Matrix since Ronnie's death. The Brightest Day costume used aspects of Jason's more streamlined looked while reintroducing some details from Al Milgrom's original design like the pointy shoulders and the puffy sleeves. I dig this look. I tried to create this post once before but couldn't for the life of me get the figure to stand in my photo box. Frustrated I put it aside (and apparently forgot about the stands I own) but was inspired to try again when I got the Legends of Tomorrow figure. Also I just now remembered that this Firestorm came with a Brightest Day themed stand that's been kicking around and I'd totally forgotten to whom it belonged. Oy vey...
























2 comments:

  1. I see this,
    and I think

    f l a m e on....
    flame on

    ReplyDelete
  2. and on and on and on.. Wrong fire-based superhero though.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.