Sunday 1 May 2016

David's Tea Raspberry Cream Pie Rooibos

David's Tea Raspberry Cream Pie Rooibos contains a flavour notoriously difficult to mimic: raspberries.  Luckily they actually seem to include real raspberry in the mix and not just the raspberry flavouring options out there. There are a few options for getting things to taste like raspberries and without going into a huge amount of detail on the chemistry some of those options just taste and smell awful to me. Will Raspberry Cream Pie Rooibos suffer this fate? Read on brave audience!

Ingredients: green rooibos, cane sugar, white chocolate chips, pink sugar mix, blackberry, raspberry, gomphrena petals, hibiscus, strawberry leaf, nat. & art. flavouring.

I can detect a hint of the gross (to me at least) raspberry flavouring agent in the tea's aroma but there's also the white chocolate (which never smells as good as it tastes) and some of the other fruity scents as well.  Overall the smell of this tea is not bad but it's not as inviting as I'd like.

The flavour is very sweet, I taste the white chocolate and the strawberry more than the raspberry flavours themselves.  Being based on green rooibos the tea has a milder, lighter flavour to begin with so the fruitiness and sugary bits do come through fairly well, the mix just doesn't WOW me. It reminds me a lot of the Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait.  I am often hesitant to try raspberry flavoured comestibles for the reasons I alluded to above so this rooibos being merely okay is actually a bit of a win. Not enough of one to make me love this tea however.

Not overly recommended.
PS. I have no idea what gomphrena petals are or why they should be in tea.

For more info follow the link: https://www.davidstea.com/ca_en/the-spring-collection-2016
*Raspberry Cream Pie Rooibos was part of this year's Spring Collection but seems to have disappeared elsewhere on the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.