Monday 1 February 2016

David's Tea Organic Mango Turmeric Herbal Infusion

The next of the brand new teas we picked up over the weekend is the Mango Turmeric, which is accompanying my trek through the X-Files. I'm over halfway through season 8 and thus nearly ready to check out the new series.

This bright yellow tea has a complex, savoury flavour. Anchored around the yellow root indigenous to India this infusion also contains ginger, mango, pineapple, lemongrass, lemon verbena with some natural orange and mango flavouring.  The smell of this tea was the first thing that hit me. The scent of the turmeric is strong and distinctive. It elicits the notion of a memory in my mind but I can't quite place it. The ginger adds a spiciness to the savoury punch of the turmeric (which is a great example of the fluidity of English pronunciations) while the fruit flavours are all but lost in the mix. I can detect a hint of citrus but nothing really of the mango and pineapple (Mrs. ISMOTU says she gets a hint of the mango sweetness but it's faint).  As such it does not pair well with the cheesecake I had for dessert but that's more poor planning on my part than any real criticism toward the tea.

I like it, it's quite different from many of the other flavours I've tried but it is enjoyable. I don't think it'll become a favourite but would probably go nicely with some Indian food.
Recommended.

For more info follow the link: https://www.davidstea.com/ca_en/mango-turmeric-organic-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.