Sunday 19 May 2019

Megatron (Transformers Beast Wars)

No not the purple T-Rex one, the alligator Megatron. This figure was released as part of a 2-pack with the Bat Optimus Primal that my mom bought for me from Zellers in 1996. I feel like this was even before I saw the show (which was called "Beasties" on Canadian TV for reasons). This makes Megatron one of the oldest Transformers I still have from my youth. I still have Optimus Primal somewhere but I'll have to dig him out another time.

(Beast Mode)(Robot Mode)



Beast Mode

Those are totally natural looking alligator forelimbs, they don't look like robot arms at all.







The scale texture is great. I love the variations.


Dangly robot feet in a suggestive place.




"Rippy the Gator goes CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP!"




Robot Mode
Pretty straightforward transformation but awesome articulation.




Mega-face!


I like the clawed feet.

Webbed feet forearms.


Brings new meaning to the term "tailgunner"



Getting some squats in before mangling the Maximals.

Size comparison with a modern deluxe class figure.


2 comments:

  1. Oh the nostalgia! I remember having Insecticon, Armadillo and the Crab...guy! He was an iridescent blue and bright orange. Had fun with these! That Bat optimus is a neat take!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah in terms of just being fun to play with Beast Wars Transformers were awesome.

      Delete

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.