Sunday 16 December 2018

Musashi Ghost & Edison Ghost Set GC 02 (Ghost Change)

Kamen Rider Ghost was a fun show. Not my favourite plot-wise but it had some of my favourite Kamen Rider designs in a long time. Kamen Rider Ghost had to collect the "Eye-cons" containing the spirits of famous people from history in order to wish himself back to life.

I loved the ridiculous hoodie aesthetic of the various ghosts and the Ghost Change series of figures released a handful of bodies and then these two-packs of ghosts.



Here we get famous Japanese swordsman Miyamoto Musashi and American inventor Thomas Edison. Musashi makes perfect sense and while I love the light bulb/electricity design the Edison Damashii just doesn't read "Edison" to me. But I come from a different cultural tradition and am probably a bit more familiar with Edison that the average Japanese 8-year-old who is learning for the first time that this white dude invented the light bulb. I mean a more "Edison-y" design would not have been as cool so I get it. This one is super fun.

The clear plastic stands so you can display the ghosts without bodies.


(Mushashi Ghost)(Edison Ghost)



Musashi Damashii

I love the ridiculous sword arms.


The eyes don't pop out as much on the clear plastic as they would've on a black background but I get why they made that choice.




If you mess with him he gets a bit stabby.

I'm sure the sword handle topknot is not accurate to what Musashi would've worn.

A better look at the cool detailing on the stand.
Here's the Musashi Damashii on Kamen Rider Ghost.





I liked the faceplate designs in Kamen Rider Ghost, they managed to make each one appropriate for the historical figure but also still evoke a face without making me miss the traditional Kamen Rider compound eyes.
Face Dual Wield faceplate.




Gan Gun Saber





Activate Nitoryu mode!
















Edison Damashii

They leaned into the electricity/light bulb look which was a good choice. Can't go wrong with light bulb hands.


The antennae bring a classic Kamen Rider vibe but also make a sort of sense for the power set.

The yellow eyes show up much better. I think it's that there's more contrast between the yellow and the silver.

I love that the little buttons on the hoodie are screw-heads.








Yay! Light bulb face! Apparently it's actually called the Face Light Bulb faceplate.





Such illuminating shoulder pads.

Cute little lightning bolt ghost tail.


GanGun Saber Gun Mode







"OMEGA..."

"...SHOOOOOT!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.