Saturday 31 December 2016

David's Tea Coffee Cake Black Tea

David's Tea is having a sale so Mrs. ISMOTU stocked up on some old favourites and tried a few new teas as well.

First up is the Coffee Cake Black Tea.  Coffee cake can be quite delicious but should it be a tea? Find out below:
Sure, why not? This black tea is blended with candied fruit (mostly cranberries and pineapple) with some other natural and artificial flavours. To me honestly this just tastes like a sweet black tea. It has a caramel or toffee kind of scent which does go with the coffee cake theme.

It's a perfectly serviceable tea but just not up my alley. It would probably pair well with a nice fresh coffee cake but then again it might just be out shone by its inspiration. Mrs. ISMOTU likes it more than me but does find it a bit sweet. She says she wouldn't want to drink it every day.

Maybe I'm just a little out of practice on the review skills, or maybe I'm just not as keen on black teas, but this member of the current Winter Collection at David's Tea left me just a little bit cold.

So I guess I'm giving this one a "meh."

For more info follow the link: https://www.davidstea.com/ca_en/our-teas/winter-teas-1/coffee-cake-black-tea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.