Wednesday 31 May 2017

Yondu (Guardians of the Galaxy Animated Series)

Yondu is the leader of the faction of Ravagers who abducted Peter Quill from Earth as a child. He is played awesomely in the movies by Michael Rooker. I was skeptical at first because this Yondu was such a departure from the original comics character but Rooker's performance won me over. James Arnold Taylor provides his voice on the show. This figure is good in terms of sculpting and articulation but his complete lack of accessories bothers me. I can totally see why Groot had no accessories, he doesn't really use any. But Yondu has an iconic weapon in his "Yakka arrow" and it's such an easy accessory to make I can't imagine why they skipped it. I'd say it was because they were worried about a choking hazard but then so are Drax's knives. So *shrug* I let him borrow the arrow from his Infinite Series 3.75" comic book counterpart.


















Ah the old "trench coat stuck to the leg."






"Phweet!"





A tale of two Yondus.

A version of movie Yondu was introduced as a modern day ancestor to original Yondu.


Ravager Daddy and the foster son he didn't even let anyone eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.