Wednesday 10 May 2017

Tiger Shark (Marvel Legends Infinite Series)

So after I got the Ocean Warrior Aquaman figure I started thinking about how much I liked the aquatic superheroes. As a kid I loved to swim and so it was a natural fit. My next slew of posts is a bit of stream of consciousness. I didn't have any other Aquaman related figures on hand (they are in storage at my dad's place) so my mind turned to the other major underwater Monarch-of-Atlantis-cum-superhero Namor the Submariner. I didn't have any Namor figures around but I did have one of Namor's foes the sinister Tiger Shark. Todd Arliss was an Olympic swimmer who suffered a spinal cord injury. Despondent and desperate he allowed Dr. Lemuel Dorcas to perform an experiemental procedure grafting the DNA of a tiger shark and that of the Sub-Mariner with his own. The resulting mutations transformed Todd Arliss into the super-villain Tiger Shark! So when I saw this relatively obscure villain in figure-form I just had to pick him up.








Say CHEESE!

I did not notice the gaps in his "ab crunch" joint before. Yowza!



 


















Take that Michael Phelps!




The DC/Marvel Crossover no one asked for!




I love me some secondary colours. This is a lesser used combo that the purple/green super villain standard.



1 comment:

  1. ...but it's a crossover everyone deserves! (couldn't help it).

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.