Monday 8 May 2017

Forager (DC Universe Classics)


The first of my acquisitions from Calgary Expo (the second being Aquaman). Forager is a "bug" from New Genesis who first appeared in New Gods #9 back in 1972 and he is pure Kirby classic. I first encountered him in the Jim Starlin/Mike Mignola miniseries Cosmic Odyssey. Forager is a character I like more for his wacky design, I'll admit to not having read all of his only handful of appearances. But he's fun. His legs are a bit wobbly but he can still stand. The legs don't want to stand straight up giving him a weirder posture which I think works for a "bug" though I don't think it's on purpose.






































2 comments:

  1. Interesting, but what an odd design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a far out Kirby design, which is part of why I like it so much.

      Delete

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.