Thursday 20 April 2017

DC Icons Green Arrow (DC Collectibles)

Mike Grell redefined Green Arrow in the late 1980's with the prestige format miniseries "The Longbow Hunters" and it was pretty great though not the best choice to put in a blind bag 3 pack of assorted comics marketed to kids in the 90's. (Me traumatized? No way!) When I revisited the series at an appropriate age I enjoyed it quite a bit and I'm now reading the follow up ongoing series written by Grell that followed (Only like 25 years later, it's all good).

This Green Arrow costume keeps the Van Dyke beard but ditches the Errol Flynn Robin Hood flair and gimick arrows. Grell's whole idea was turning Oliver Queen into an urban hunter and allowing him to deal with being a hero in his 40's. This costume is deceptively simple but the two shades of green keep it from being too boring (like "Earth 2" Alan Scott's GL costume). Honestly though it was Grell's art that made it really pop.






























My figure's knees seemed to get wobbly during this photo shoot. I didn't notice it when I first got the figure.


This fight didn't happen in these outfits. It took until "Identity Crisis" in 2004 I think






My DC Icon Collection thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.