Tuesday 28 March 2017

Battle Armour He-Man & Mer-Man (Masters of the Universe Minis)


I was a bit too young to catch He-Man fever the first time 'round back in the 80's. In fact I didn't have much interest in Masters of the Universe until probably the last couple years. So I'm definitely not a die-hard MotU fan but I do appreciate the bizarre 1980's weirdness and the sci-fi/fantasy amalgamation.  So the Masters of the Universe Minis line was the perfect thing for me. Plus I got them all at discount prices when the infamous mattycollector website was shutting down at the end of 2016. [Jump to He-ManMer-ManBoth]

In this first set we have "Battle Armour He-Man" who is based on (I think) the second He-Man figure who's chest could spin to reveal battle damage or some such. Masters of the Universe was famous for its "action features" on figures.
He-Man













Next up is Mer-Man the goony looking aquatic menace in the servitude of Skeletor. He's got such a weird design that screams aquatic but doesn't really fit any Earth oceanic organisms. You definitely believe this guy is from a far-off planet called Eternia.
Mer-Man














Both
Ready... Fight!







Each of the six sets of MotU Mini figures comes with a collect-and-connect piece of Castle Grayskull which I'll give its own gallery because a) the pieces don't necessarily stand up on their own and b) I already put the thing together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.