Monday 20 March 2017

Batman - Mask of the Phantasm 2-pack (DC Collectibles)



Everyone knows Batman. Not everyone knows that this is my favourite Batman. I was the perfect age when Batman: the Animated Series first graced the airwaves and it remains my idealized interpretation of the character.  In 1993 Batman: Mask of the Phantasm premiered in theatres as the first feature length DC Animated Film. I didn't see it in theatres but I do remember quite excitedly renting it on VHS at the first opportunity. When DC Collectibles started releasing figures based on B:TAS I resisted buying any as I hardly needed to buy more toys. However when I found this two-pack at my local comic shop I caved. It was just too much of a nostalgia storm to leave on the shelf.
These figures in general are excellent in their translation of the animated designs into three dimensions but their articulation is only alright (Though I may be spoiled by my S.H. Figuarts collection in that regard).































No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.